[Scribus] printing problems with odd paper sizes

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Oct 13 13:03:38 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 08:34, Bob Horvath wrote:
> I am trying to use Scribus to design my Christmas card for this year and
> have been pleasantly surprised how simple it makes creating it.
>
> I created a document that is 4x6", and put an image and some text on it.
> When go to print it, it wants to make it huge.
>
> I tried converting it to PDF, and that worked ok, but the bottom of it is
> cut off.
>
> In the end, I will send this to a photo printer for printing, so I tried
> converting it to an image, but the quality of that was terrible.
>
> What is the best way of doing this?  Are there areas I could do things
> differently?

Apart from Petr's Export as Image suggestion, to be honest, I think that
Scribus isnt really the best place to be editing photos for printing at a
photoshop. I'm not saying its not possible, but in the Adobe world you
probably would use Photoshop instead of InDesign for this kind of job.
Perhaps Gimp might give the results you are looking for.

Craig