[Scribus] PDF form not completely showing up in acrobad reader

John Culleton john
Mon Oct 11 01:02:31 CEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 17:13, Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
> >On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 15:52, Marc Haber wrote:
> >>Any hints how I configure acrobat reader on Linux to properly show all
> >>of the PDF form?
> >
> >Try hitting the page down key. There is a bug in Acrobat Reader (at
> >least 5.0.8) that sometimes makes it impossible to use the scroll bars
> >to scroll the entire way down the document - the bottom on the scroll
> >bars simply doesn't match the bottom of the document.
>
> This is correct as of acroread 5.0.9, as well.

You can reduce the size of the page so that the whole page is visible in
the Acrobat Reader window. Or you can view the PDF in either GV (like
Ghostview) or Xpdf, my personal favorite.  Xpdf also does a refresh, so
that if you generate an updated pdf file then just keying the letter "r"
in the xpdf window will refresh the document while retaining the current
page number.  Very handy.
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: