[Scribus] .po question

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Oct 11 00:09:08 CEST 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 23:39, Bojan Bozovic wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
> >What you did was fine. We shouldnt need the qm file as we should be able
> > to convert it ok.
> >
> >Thanks very much!
> >
> >Craig
>
>     OK!!
>     In the meantime I converted my scribus.sr.po into .ts and .qm and
> tried the translation. It looks fine!! So, if you need it, I can also
> send those .ts and .qm translation files.

Ok, please upload the ts file bzipped and we will remove the po file from CVS.
Franz can convert the ts file easily.

>     What is the procedure for keeping the translation up-to-date? Should I
> update the CVS version every couple of days and make the changes in
> the translation if there are any and send them the same way as I did
> with the original .po?

Well thats up to you really. Every couple of days would be a bit often for us
to accept a new file to be honest as not that much changes on a daily basis
in terms of strings. At a guess, about every 3-4 weeks for the 1.2.x series
is plenty. If you want to update CVS every few days and update your
translation, that'd be ok. Keep it in a separate directory, and update it to
contain the new strings. When you think theres a decent amount of changes,
send through the new file on the bugtracker.

We will announce a string freeze for the 1.2.1 release, and we plan to give
translators 2 weeks time to update and get the new translations in. I expect
this will be announced any time in the next 1-2 weeks. We are working on
various small things for 1.2.1 and starting 1.3 and have various admin tasks
to get sorted... so the timeframe for 1.2.1 isnt really set in stone yet.

regards
Craig