[Scribus] Scribus Calendar Script

Henry Hartley henryhartley
Mon Oct 4 16:21:10 CEST 2004

>> On Saturday 02 of October 2004 14:46, Henry Hartley wrote:
>> > My little calendar script is here:
>> > http://www.dotrose.com/misc/computer/cal-tabloid.py
>>
>> I've got two suggestions for you:
>> 1) your script runs for a while - you can use Progress Bar to
>> give feedback to the user - see:

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=scripterapi&page=scripterapi-di
alogs
>> esp. StatusMessage("string"), ProgressReset(),
>> ProgressTotal(number), ProgressSet(number)

Because it ran in under five seconds on my machine I didn't even
think about this but I tried it on an older machine and you are
right, it takes a while.  I've updated the script with a progress
indicator (and status messages).  Same URL as above.

>> 2) You can use the (brand new) procedure
>> string = ValueDialog(caption, message [,defaultvalue]) from
>> new 1.2.1cvs to get user feedback e.g. copyrightNotice =
>> ValueDialog('Henry's Calendar', 'Type the text to be displayed
>> on all pages...', '(c) myprinting company 2004') but it will be
>> available only for CVS users - or in 1.2.1 after release

Since I'm running a plain (i.e. non-CVS) version, I'll have to
revisit this in a while.  I thought something like this would
be useful.  In addition to using it for the copyright notice and
perhaps the font, I thought I'd use it to ask the user to pick a
paper size, then adjust everything to that.  That will be in the
next release :-)

--
Henry