[Scribus] pdf resolution issue

Martin Costabel costabel
Mon Oct 4 08:30:38 CEST 2004

Sunil Joshi wrote:
> Craig:  Thank you for your suggestions!  I will try later tonight to
> import the scribus pages and see if that resolves the issue.
>
> I have no doubt this solution will work perfectly for scribus created
> documents (pages).  However, on another page, I have a table layout,
> which due to the complexity of formatting, I am creating in Microsoft
> excel, and saving it as a pdf document (through print menu on Mac).

Why don't you print it to ps and import that? Printing to a ps file is
an option in the Mac printing dialog, you just have to dig a little in
the menus.

> Unfortunately, on Mac, I am not aware of a way to save the pdf in higher
> resolution than the standard.

I am not quite sure what "resolution" means for a pdf file. These are
not bitmap files. The bitmap is created when you load the pdf as a
picture into scribus.

--
Martin