[Scribus] Translations and 1.2cvs

"Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś" deejay1
Fri May 7 12:17:47 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 17:36, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
>

>>On Thursday 06 May 2004 2:48 pm, VAN?K Petr wrote:
>>

>>>I don't know how fresh the welsh translation is but there
>>>was a big translation changes. the TS file can look like
>>>full translated but when you process the "lupdate" procedure
>>>you propably will see the changes.
>>>Especially the menu changes e.g. Extra is now E&xtra etc.
>>>

>>OK - thanks Petr.  I'll do an lupdate ....
>>
>>Craig, on a wider point, is it at all possible to set up a script to run
>>lupdate on the cvs tree each night and update the language translations
>>centrally?  Then copy these out of the tree each morning into a "translator's
>>corner", which could even be a separate cvs module?  That would mean that
>>translators only have to do a quick check in one location every so often to
>>see whether the translation is up-to-date.  As it is, we have to download the
>>latest cvs, run lupdate manually, and then translate.  This would be similar
>>to the KDE system, although of course on a much smaller scale.  Just a
>>thought - looking through the qm files, only 10 of the 35 seem to be
>>up-to-date, and this might simplify things.
>>

>I think it would be a good idea if we can auto generate a listing of
>string counts with number out of date for all the translations. Anyone
>know how?

Get someone with a shell account (the best would be on the same machine
as the cvs and without shell access from console) and setup a script like:
#!/bin/bash
cd Scribus
cvs up -Ad
lupdate
{I don't know what the output of lupdate looks like so just guessing}
cp {modified_files} ~/Scribus/translators
cd ~/Scribus/translators
cvs ci -m "Update at {date}

Finish

--