[Scribus] Translations and 1.2cvs

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu May 6 23:10:36 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 17:36, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2004 2:48 pm, VAN?K Petr wrote:
> > I don't know how fresh the welsh translation is but there
> > was a big translation changes. the TS file can look like
> > full translated but when you process the "lupdate" procedure
> > you propably will see the changes.
> > Especially the menu changes e.g. Extra is now E&xtra etc.
>
> OK - thanks Petr.  I'll do an lupdate ....
>
> Craig, on a wider point, is it at all possible to set up a script to run
> lupdate on the cvs tree each night and update the language translations
> centrally?  Then copy these out of the tree each morning into a "translator's
> corner", which could even be a separate cvs module?  That would mean that
> translators only have to do a quick check in one location every so often to
> see whether the translation is up-to-date.  As it is, we have to download the
> latest cvs, run lupdate manually, and then translate.  This would be similar
> to the KDE system, although of course on a much smaller scale.  Just a
> thought - looking through the qm files, only 10 of the 35 seem to be
> up-to-date, and this might simplify things.

I think it would be a good idea if we can auto generate a listing of
string counts with number out of date for all the translations. Anyone
know how?

Other than that, I firmly believe that people must be downloading CVS to
do translation updates because they MUST be testing their translations
look/sounds right in a running Scribus after doing the translations.

Craig