[Scribus] Translations and 1.2cvs

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu May 6 17:24:52 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 17:22, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2004 3:30 pm, MaHan wrote:
> > there have been several threads on this topic:
> > http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2004-January/003913.html
> > http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2004-April/004948.html
> > http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2004-April/004953.html
>
> Er, yes, these are all about how to implement the new system, which I have
> done :-)  I was referring to the actual decision to change from po to ts -
> that is of course a matter for the developers, but as Scribus is made
> available in more languages, it may be helpful to at least flag things like
> this with translators too.  As I said, maybe this was done on some
> development list, but maybe it wasn't ....

Scribus works with either po or ts. If you look in the dirs you will see
both types of files. TS just seems to be easier to work with for more
people. There was no decision to switch. Note, you can use kbabel with
TS files. I have more recently done the en_GB translations and used
kbabel with ts files as I find it easier to work with than Qt Linguist.

There is no development list.. apart from this list, there is IRC,
#scribus and #scribus-dev. There has been no decision by us that I
recall to make some firm switch to ts, but the support of it by using a
Scribus.pro file has made things dead easy with TS files.

Craig