[Scribus] Problem with scribus rpm-s in Fedora 1 - 'relocation error' on startup

T T tteszt
Mon Jun 14 13:30:10 CEST 2004

I've just downloaded and installed the Ferora rpm of version 1.1.7.

After a  launch from a terminal window, I get the following error message:

[user]$ scribus
scribus: relocation error: scribus: undefined symbol: _ZN7QWidget7repaintEb
[user]$

I have read a similar posting on the list, but no answerrs, that is why I
post this now.
I tried with versions 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 also, but the result was the same.

I think this means something else is wrong, not scribus itself.
I'm  a beginner in linux, though, and using Fedora Core 1 without any
updated packages
(eg. as it was in the installation .iso-s I downloaded from Fedora website).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

- TT -
tteszt at hotmail.com