[Scribus] Problem with scribus rpm-s in Fedora 1 - 'relocation error' on startup

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Mon Jun 14 15:04:01 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 07:30, T T wrote:
> I've just downloaded and installed the Ferora rpm of version 1.1.7.
>
> After a  launch from a terminal window, I get the following error message:
>
> [user]$ scribus
> scribus: relocation error: scribus: undefined symbol: _ZN7QWidget7repaintEb
> [user]$
>
> I have read a similar posting on the list, but no answerrs, that is why I
> post this now.
> I tried with versions 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 also, but the result was the same.
>
> I think this means something else is wrong, not scribus itself.
> I'm  a beginner in linux, though, and using Fedora Core 1 without any
> updated packages
> (eg. as it was in the installation .iso-s I downloaded from Fedora website).
>

> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Best Regards
>
> - TT -
> tteszt at hotmail.com

I would recommend, if possible, running up2date to get all the Fedora
Core packages upgraded first. The Scribus rpms are built against an
updated machine and perhaps there are some differences in core
libraries.

We have only seen this in a couple of situations and what we know so far
is updating the system seems to cure this.

Cheers,
Peter