[Scribus] Scribus 1.1.7 only works as root, crashes with segfault as user

Penelope Spencer penelope.spencer
Mon Jun 14 13:18:35 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have installed Scribus 1.1.7 from source; I did the standard ./configure ; make ; make install, all as root. Scribus then works fine as root, but gives the following nasty error when I try to run as a normal user:

QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
QPainter::setFont: Will be reset by begin()
QPainter::setPen: Will be reset by begin()
Segmentation fault

Any suggestions on fixing this would be welcome!

Thanks,
Penelope Spencer
London, England