[Scribus] French characters on English Keyboard

Pierre Abbat phma
Thu Jul 29 23:14:09 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 00:08, Graham Monk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to generate some French text on a US English
> keyboard, I have looked through some of the Archives
> but no luck, is there a search function?
>
> Can anyone give me a few pointers?

I would suggest switching the keyboard layout. KDE and Gnome both allow you to
have multiple keyboard layouts.

On KDE 3.1:
Run Control Center (it's in Settings, or on the panel where it looks like a
terminal with a wrench). Go to Regional and Accessibility+Keyboard layout and
pick U.S. with deadkeys (not sure, I haven't tried that) or Dvorak (the one I
use). You can then type accented letters by hitting AltGr-accent and then the
letter. AltGr is the right Alt key (it is so labeled on a German keyboard).

I currently have Farsi, Greek, Israeli, and Russian keyboard layouts available
in addition to my usual, because I've done some work on Wikitravel
phrasebooks. I can get to any of those five with two clicks of the mouse.

phma
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa