[Scribus] French characters on English Keyboard. Thanks Owen!

Philipp Wagner lists
Thu Jul 29 13:21:23 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney schrieb:
> [...]
>
> Use Insert Special, but when you find the characters you need, right
> click on them there and write down the Unicode Hex character code. When
> editing the text, hit F12, type in the code and the character will
> appear.. not as slow as always switching to the insert window each time
> or trying to type full words there.

Hmm, I remember that it was (is?) possible in MS Word to type
ALT-<Unicode> to get any special char inserted. I think typing the
ALT-key is a lot faster than pressing F12, especially if you have a lot
of special characters to insert (I often used that when I had to type
German stuff on an American keyboard). I don't know if that is a
speciality of MS Word or a feature of Windows (or the edit-components).
Does that collide with other shortcuts or would it be possible to
support it?

> Craig

Philipp