[Scribus] French characters on English Keyboard. Thanks Owen!

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Jul 29 08:18:42 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 07:11, Graham Monk wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 July 2004 22:47, Owen Cook wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Graham Monk wrote:
> > > I need to generate some French text on a US English
> > > keyboard, I have looked through some of the Archives
> > > but no luck, is there a search function?
> > >
> > > Can anyone give me a few pointers?
> > >
> > > Great Program, highly impressed with the speed of
> > > development, I would love to see a windows port,
> > > the people I work with refuse to use Linux and
> > >  I worry they will ban me using software they
> > > don't have available. ( stupid attitude but I'm
> > > stuck with it )
> >
> > Your need
> >
> > Extras->Insert special
> >

> > Owen
>
> Great! Thanks Owen, that was a lot simpler than I
> expected. Bit slow, but fortunately I dont have to
> do much.

Use Insert Special, but when you find the characters you need, right
click on them there and write down the Unicode Hex character code. When
editing the text, hit F12, type in the code and the character will
appear.. not as slow as always switching to the insert window each time
or trying to type full words there.

Craig