Fw: Re: [Scribus] Scribus Friendly Print Shops

Daniel Andor da209
Sun Jul 25 12:55:56 CEST 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 11:42 am, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 18:50, Daniel Andor wrote:
> I'm very surprised there's any issue at all, as most print shops should
> be able to take a PDF, impose it however they need to, and print it as
> you desire. If they can't, I'd be inclined to find a print shop who can.

Is my best bet (in terms of compatibility) to send PDF1.3, PDF1.4 or PDF/X-3?

It's not that the shops I talked to didn't accept PDFs, it's that they were
slightly worried about making the separations from it (I don't know why).
I'm pressed for time, so that's why I'm wondering which is the most
shop-friendly PDF format, and which are the most PDF-friendly shops...

England, anyone?
Daniel.