Fw: Re: [Scribus] Scribus Friendly Print Shops

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Jul 25 12:42:49 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 18:50, Daniel Andor wrote:
> On Friday 23 July 2004 2:23 pm, Plinnell wrote:
> > I'm all for it and have posted to a couple of Scribus friendly printers for
> > their thoughts.
>
> On that note, if anyone is aware of Scribus friendly print shops in England,
> please email me or the list!  I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment and any
> suggestions would help.

I'm very surprised there's any issue at all, as most print shops should
be able to take a PDF, impose it however they need to, and print it as
you desire. If they can't, I'd be inclined to find a print shop who can.
I know that when work is having having business cards, fliers, etc
printed they generate PDFs and that's the end of the fuss (we're still
using Quark 4, but the quality of Scribus PDFs appear to be much better
than Quark 4 + Distiller PDFs).

--
Craig Ringer