[Scribus] Scribus Friendly Print Shops

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Jul 23 15:29:02 CEST 2004

> > There could be some levels of Scribus friendliness, something like
> > (caution, bad joke area):
> >
> >  - Gold Level: accepts Scribus native files, very supportive
> >  - Silver Level: knows about Scribus and accepts Scribus generated
> >  PDF's
> > -  Bronze Level: ....
> >
> > What do you think of it? Is it something I should submit as a
> > feature request? If you like the idea, you could even mention one or
> > two Scribus friendly print shops within this thread.
>
> I like the idea, but I'm wondering what good it does to have a
> print-shop support native files; then you'd need to bundle the fonts
> and images with the doc, right?
>
> Gold Level should be "accepts scribus-generated PDF's" I think...
>
> Wes

I can see some advantages of a print shop supporing native files: if you
are an unexpierenced in DTP (like me), you can simply choose "File >
Collect for Output..." within Scribus and deliver to the print shop the
whole directory including fonts and images (memory doesn't cost much
nowadays), and you don't have to worry about which options to use while
exporting to PDF.

Maciej