[Scribus] Scribus Friendly Print Shops

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Jul 23 14:38:30 CEST 2004

Hi all,

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:49:07 +0100
Daniel Andor <da209 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Be careful.. many printers wont want profiles embedded anyway. Check
> > with them if you are printing at a print shop.
>
> I spoke to a few print shops and they seemed to be worried about
> making colour separations from PDF files.  They thought they may need
> to import into Photoshop or Freehand.  Is there any way I can help
> them with this?

speaking of print shops: what about introducing a list of "Scribus
Friendly Print Shops" on the Scribus website? I think, there's always
been so much talking about these print shops not doing this and those
print shops not liking that, it would serve us all to mention those
print shops which has been particularely supportive for Scribus users.

I like the idea of giving people who run these print shops the feeling,
that if they support Scribus users, the Scribus community will support
them in return. It would also help us to find a print shop - it think,
it needn't always be in  the same city or even country - which has
gathered some experience with Scribus and Scribus generated PDF files
and proved to be reliable.

There could be some levels of Scribus friendliness, something like
(caution, bad joke area):

 - Gold Level: accepts Scribus native files, very supportive
 - Silver Level: knows about Scribus and accepts Scribus generated PDF's
-  Bronze Level: ....

What do you think of it? Is it something I should submit as a feature
request? If you like the idea, you could even mention one or two
Scribus friendly print shops within this thread.

br
Maciej