[Scribus] A possibly-not-quite-scribus question...

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Jul 15 18:51:31 CEST 2004

Hi Mark

> As I said earlier, I'm using scribus to do up a newsletter.
> Now prior to finding scribus I used to do this with LaTeX,
> so scribus represents a savings in time of about, oh,
> fifty million percent or so :)
>
> However, the one feature that the LaTeX newsletter had which
> I miss quite a lot was that you could run latex2html on the
> source and have a set of webpages in HTML which contained the
> newsletter. Now putting Scribus' PDF file on the website for
> this is certainly doable, and if I downsample the images to
> 72dpi it even reduces the size to something reasonably
> acceptable - but what I'd really like is some way to take
> either the scribus file or the PDF and convert it to actual
> HTML to avoid 3.5Mb downloads...
>
> Anyone got any bright ideas?

At this point theres no Scribus function or a way to convert the SLA
format. I think this will come soon enough, but not in time for your
next letter or probably the next one.

There is pdf2html at
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/pdf2html/

though Ive never tried it and it produces greyscale images only.. might
be worth trying

Craig