[Scribus] print preview doesn`t show photos and transparency correct

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 12 22:06:30 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 21:53, Sebastian R?der wrote:
> Am Montag, 12. Juli 2004 21:20 schrieben Sie:

> > > Print preview depends on your Ghostscript version to create the preview.
> > > What version do you have? We use AFPL 8.14.
> >
> > Adding to this.. we rely on the png16m, png16alpha and bitcmyk devices
> > and these can be seen in a gs --help. Your GS needs to have those for
> > full print preview functionality.
>
> png16alpha is missing if you do not mean pngalpha. But I had the print preview
> already up and running (well) with my SuSE 9.1 distro and the SuSE
> ghostscript rpms 7.0.7. Will test this tomorow with my other standard SuSE
> installation without updated software - I use apt4rpm here and sometimes
> thing get broken. Are you sure that it works OK in latest Scribus CVS (build
> id 2004-07-03)?

sorry.. yes.. pngalpha. It worked the last time I used it although there
might be an issue with transparencies, although if its working you
should see a chessboard like pattern as a background when transparency
is turned on instead of white. 7.07 still may not provide you a good
preview even with those devices.

> I will try the AFPL ghostscript in the future, thanks for the info. Is this
> already mentioned in the docs section on the scribus hp? Would be a good
> idea!

No because the print preview didnt support all the current features when
those docs were written. New ones are due for 1.2 and the Ghostscript
section has already been written.

Craig