[Scribus] print preview doesn`t show photos and transparency correct

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 12 21:20:20 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 21:02, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 20:51, Sebastian R?der wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > my new project is not shown correctly in the print preview. I have put a b/w
> > photo into the background but the print preview only show a light blue
> > background instead. I have transparency for pdf1.4 enabled (disabled=same
> > problem )but the picture is without transparency, just normal jpg. I`ve
> > changed the size of the photo since it had position x: -3 and y:-3 and is
> > bigger than the page. Same problem. Then I?ve enabled the crop contents to
> > margens function, no effort. The page size is landscape 168x146mm (custom).
> > The page exports correctly to pdf. The semi-transparency in my text background
> > is not shown correct in the preview, too. In the scribus main window
> > everything is OK.
> >

> Print preview depends on your Ghostscript version to create the preview.
> What version do you have? We use AFPL 8.14.

Adding to this.. we rely on the png16m, png16alpha and bitcmyk devices
and these can be seen in a gs --help. Your GS needs to have those for
full print preview functionality.

GS 7.07 on some distros tries hard to support this stuff, but better
results will be had with AFPL 8.1x, and the upcoming 8.30, and GNU 8.x
when eventually released.

Craig