[Scribus] text to outlines? - recreateable crash

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jan 26 14:28:33 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:39, Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:
> I am able to reliably crash Scribus (and, often X11) when I attempt to
> convert a text box into outlines via the contextual menu received when I
> right-click the text box. Okay, I understand that scribus isn't really
> meant to be able to do this at all, but because the option shows up in
> the menu, I tend to forget. I'm running Scribus 1.1.4 on Mac OS X 10.3
> via Fink.

Scribus is meant to be able to do this. There is a fix for rotated text
frames with outline conversion in 1.1.5cvs.  Other than that I can't
really remember of other patches in 1.1.5cvs, but there might be.
Conversion to outline certainly works just fine here.

> The only thing I can think of that could cause this (other than not
> having been designed in) is the fact that Scribus can't local a valid
> Ghostscript version. This is really sad because I have gs 7.05 installed
> outside the /sw file tree and have had every version available via Fink
> installed at one time or another and Scribus has consistantly failed to
> find gs. Do I need to set an environment variable or is this a known bug
> with the Fink install script?

Probably an issue with the configure/install scripts. Anyones else got
this issue on a Mac?

Craig