[Scribus] text to outlines? - recreateable crash

Paraplegic Racehorse Paraplegic_Racehorse
Mon Jan 26 13:39:04 CET 2004

I am able to reliably crash Scribus (and, often X11) when I attempt to
convert a text box into outlines via the contextual menu received when I
right-click the text box. Okay, I understand that scribus isn't really
meant to be able to do this at all, but because the option shows up in
the menu, I tend to forget. I'm running Scribus 1.1.4 on Mac OS X 10.3
via Fink.

The only thing I can think of that could cause this (other than not
having been designed in) is the fact that Scribus can't local a valid
Ghostscript version. This is really sad because I have gs 7.05 installed
outside the /sw file tree and have had every version available via Fink
installed at one time or another and Scribus has consistantly failed to
find gs. Do I need to set an environment variable or is this a known bug
with the Fink install script?