[Scribus] 1.1.4 crashes on suse linux

BandiPat magicpage91
Mon Jan 26 00:21:20 CET 2004

ruth moulton wrote:

> Hi rod,
>

>>This is going to sound a little strange but... My SuSE 9 came with an
>>older version of Scribus so I downloaded 1.1.4, set up the appropriate
>>dependencies, configured it and ran make.
>>

>thats what happened to me too, thats why i down loaded 1.1.4 and 1.0.1
>

>>After having checked a few things, as a last resort I ran make install
>>and tried the installed version et voila: everything worked.
>>

>>So (a) if you've not done a make install, try it and see what happens
>>

>i do run it after make install, thats when it gets the segmentation fault and
>dies
>

>>and (b) there's always the possibility that the install hasn't put
>>something
>>in the right place or maybe the permissions are a bit odd
>>and maybe things are getting confused.
>>

>hmm - i'll have to have a look around, feels a little like a
>needle-in-a-haystak kind of a search!

=============

Ruth,

I usually make rpm files when I compile for my SuSE 9.0, so it's
possible that they would work for you.  I am pretty bad about updating
my system though, like with KDE 3.2, so there might be some
discrepencies in our systems.  If you like and to make it a bit simpler
to you, I can send the file via email, if your connection is broadband.
Let me know, if I can help.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---