[Scribus] template problem in 1.1.3 / problem compiling 1.1.4

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jan 24 16:14:26 CET 2004

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I'm just starting to use Scribus - when I first heard of it I was
>>overjoyed that I would be able to use a GPL DTP app!  And it's come a long
>>way in terms of functionality.  Many thanks to the developers.
>

> You're welcome :-)
>

>>I'm using 1.1.3 on RedHat 9 and have two questions:
>

> Grab the 1.1.5cvs from the anoncvs server - it makes the 1.1.3 branch
> look s-l-o-w!
>

>>(2) Hoping that a new version might fix the problem, I attempted to
>>compile 1.1.4 and got the following error long into the compile:
>

>>Does this mean anything to anyone?
>

> Been fixed for ages - get the 1.1.5 branch :)

On the other hand, for those of us not (as yet) venturing out into the
cvs waters, an alternative is to add this line to the top of scribus.cpp
in 1.1.4 before compiling:

#include <unistd.h>

I don't understand why the 1.1.4 download version hasn't been fixed in
that regard, but apparently all the effort goes into the latest versions
and there's no going back. At the very least, maybe someone could put a
note on the webpage for the 1.1.4 download?

Gregory Pittman