[Scribus] re: performance problems

James Bowes jbowes
Tue Jan 20 22:43:41 CET 2004

Hi.

I had the exact same issues... I installed CVS versions a couple of
times and bango, hangs and freezing were the normal behaviour. My
solution was to backup my /usr/local/lib/scribus/profiles dir and then
delete the /usr/local/lib/scribus dir completely.

Next I ran an ldconfig -X as root. I then downloaded the 1.1.4 version,
configured, compiled and installed it. I copied back my profiles dir,
deleted my ~user/.scribus dir and relaunched the 1.1.4.

I'm happy to say that I have no problems at all now. Even better, I have
the benefit a larger group of colours to choose from.

Everything's much better now. One thing though with the CVS version
1.1.5 - I think it was from the 10th or 11th of January - when I opened
a doc I had created before, the fonts in the story editor kept
replicating... I couldn't get rid of them at all; they just kept
growingback like some sort of weird fungus. This was the straw that made
me
roll back to the 1.1.4 series.

Hope this helps.

Regards,