[Scribus] performance problems

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Jan 20 21:30:51 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 19:45, Sebastian R?der wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I experienced hard performance problems with the latest cvs 17/01/2004 und
> 100% CPU usage, as well as saving actions. The scrapbook  and the storyeditor
> are very, slow, too - I often see just white windows for more than 10
> seconds. KWin sometimes crashes.
>
> Max this problem be cased by KDE beta2, which has done a good job here for 3
> weeks or is this problem scribus-related.
>
> I have a document of currently 8 pages (will be 28 at the end) with 3 layers,
> 5 of them with A4 graphics in it (pdf and png). If I do not show the graphic
> (menu-entry), the performance doesn`t increase.
>
> I have a box with SuSE 9.0 running, Athlon XP 1700+, 512MB DDR RAM - should be
> enough, though?!?

As an afterthought to my last reply.. is there anything in particular
that shows the problem *always*, or a particular CVS build date that
shows the issue?

I do notice a tiny slow down having just done some serious edits to my
docs but things seem more stable in terms of drawing and usage feel.

However, I will not notice it as much as you.. XP 2600+, 1Gb DDR RAM
here.

Anything to point out any issue will be of great help!

Craig