[Scribus] performance problems

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Jan 20 20:31:46 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 19:45, Sebastian R?der wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I experienced hard performance problems with the latest cvs 17/01/2004 und
> 100% CPU usage, as well as saving actions. The scrapbook  and the storyeditor
> are very, slow, too - I often see just white windows for more than 10
> seconds. KWin sometimes crashes.

I have not seen any issues like those. Peter has reported some higher
usage sometimes... but I am not sure where. I have seen no issues with
scrolling or copying and pasting.

> Max this problem be cased by KDE beta2, which has done a good job here for 3
> weeks or is this problem scribus-related.

I havent seen anything like that with KDE beta2. I am on KDE 3.2 RC1
since yesterday.

> I have a document of currently 8 pages (will be 28 at the end) with 3 layers,
> 5 of them with A4 graphics in it (pdf and png). If I do not show the graphic
> (menu-entry), the performance doesn`t increase.

I was playing with my magazine yesterday and had no issues with large
photos.

> I have a box with SuSE 9.0 running, Athlon XP 1700+, 512MB DDR RAM - should be
> enough, though?!?

Yes, plenty.

> And the is no fix for the copy and past problem, right?

Yes, its definitely in CVS. (If you mean the menus went away, they are
now back and copy&cut/paste works fine here with CVS)

Craig