[Scribus] performance problems

Sebastian Röder seppelrockt
Tue Jan 20 19:45:02 CET 2004

Hello,

I experienced hard performance problems with the latest cvs 17/01/2004 und
100% CPU usage, as well as saving actions. The scrapbook  and the storyeditor
are very, slow, too - I often see just white windows for more than 10
seconds. KWin sometimes crashes.

Max this problem be cased by KDE beta2, which has done a good job here for 3
weeks or is this problem scribus-related.

I have a document of currently 8 pages (will be 28 at the end) with 3 layers,
5 of them with A4 graphics in it (pdf and png). If I do not show the graphic
(menu-entry), the performance doesn`t increase.

I have a box with SuSE 9.0 running, Athlon XP 1700+, 512MB DDR RAM - should be
enough, though?!?

And the is no fix for the copy and past problem, right?

Greatings,
Sebastian R?der