[Scribus] Printing in Scribus

Rod Furey rod
Tue Jan 20 15:56:48 CET 2004

This is probably something to do with the printer
setup on your box as I had the same hiccup
recently on my SuSE 9 box when I was playing
around with my printer and a long delay in printing.

I threw out the CUPS setup and installed lpr and got
the same problem as you. Then I threw out lpr, re-installed
CUPS and jiggled the /etc/nsswitch.conf file to make sure the
box didn't try to go to the external DNS for resolution
(as it's not always connected to the internet) et
voila: the printer was back and the delay was gone.

Rod (who'll try and get the right address this time... sorry)