[Scribus] More info--Scribus building on OS X

Benjamin Reed ranger
Mon Jan 12 23:27:27 CET 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:

> I've made further progress. For some reason, the standard ./configure
> and make commands do not build the files properly on OS X. What has
> worked this far--at least in getting further in the build--is to
> configure the Makefile to conform to OS X's Xcode IDE, and run the build
> from Xcode.  QT provides parameters to do this (qmake -project, then
> qmake -spec macx-pbuilder scribus.pro). This is the only way I am able
> to generate .moc files, although what happens then is that instead of
> creating foo.moc, a file named moc_foo.cpp is generated. Since the
> source files all contain #include foo.cpp statements, that breaks the
> build once it gets to a name that conflicts. I've confirmed this by
> changing a few of the include statements to #include moc_foo.cpp.

If I recall correctly, scribus uses the KDE build system, in which case
you can copy the admin/ dir from any of our (the KDE-Darwin team)
patched KDE trees over scribus's admin, and run "make -f
admin/Makefile.common cvs" and then the normal configure, make, make
install.

Without the updated admin/ dir, KDE stuff in general won't build out of
the box with Qt/Mac.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE