[Scribus] More info--Scribus building on OS X

Kevin Walzer kevin
Mon Jan 12 23:12:25 CET 2004

I've made further progress. For some reason, the standard ./configure
and make commands do not build the files properly on OS X. What has
worked this far--at least in getting further in the build--is to
configure the Makefile to conform to OS X's Xcode IDE, and run the
build from Xcode.  QT provides parameters to do this (qmake -project,
then qmake -spec macx-pbuilder scribus.pro). This is the only way I am
able to generate .moc files, although what happens then is that instead
of creating foo.moc, a file named moc_foo.cpp is generated. Since the
source files all contain #include foo.cpp statements, that breaks the
build once it gets to a name that conflicts. I've confirmed this by
changing a few of the include statements to #include moc_foo.cpp.

Looks like I'll have to go through and change this in every file,
unless someone can tell me a way to configure QT to generate the
correct moc file names. I don't know if this will solve every problem,
but it's a start.
---

Kevin Walzer, Ph.D.
Editor
WordTech Communications -- A New Paradigm of Poetry
http://www.wordtechcommunications.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:kevin at wordtechweb.com