[Scribus] Announcing Inkscape 0.37 Release

BandiPat magicpage91
Tue Feb 24 05:19:21 CET 2004

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Jonathan Phillips wrote:
>
>> A new version of Inkscape: A Cross-platform Open Source Scalable
>> Vector Graphics Editor, is now available for use.  Inkscape 0.37
>> includes many major new features, numerous bug fixes, and extensive
>> codebase cleanup.
>>

> I don't know if anyone else checked this out, but Inkscape has some
> library requirements that left me with a long list of deficiencies when
> you try to compile. I didn't have the energy to chase down all the
> things I needed.  At least Sodipodi is more modest in its requirements
> -- still rather crashy, though.
>
> Gregory Pittman

Gregory,
Don't remember what distro you are running, but believe it to be SuSE
9.0??  I have created a real SuSE rpm from a spec file and it should
work for most folk's using 9.0 SuSE.  I am updated to KDE 3.2 though, so
if you don't have that, you might run into some problems.  I think Peter
was going to create a rpm for a base/unchanged SuSE 9.0 install, but not
sure if he got around to it or not.

Either way, I would be happy to make mine available to you guys & gals,
but since it's 4.5mb large, I need a spot to upload it, so you can
download it!  ;o)

Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---