[Scribus] 1.1.5 changes 1.1.4 doc

Bob White bob
Thu Feb 19 15:41:54 CET 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:49:08 -0800
Susan Hogarth <susan at ncliberty.net> wrote:

> After finishing a newsletter I did in 1.1.4, I installed 1.1.5. Let me
> say first that I *love* the things I'm seeing in 1.1.5! It looks very
> nice, and I'm happily playing with it already. I want to send you
> money (and when I get some, I will...). I'm pretty new to DTP, so I
> wondered why everyone was whining that you couldn't make X columns in
> a textbox - but I can see that's a HUGE feature to have! THANKS!
>
> However, the doc I made in 1.1.4, when I opened it in 1.1.5, has some
> differences. What I noticed is that text which 'fit' in a  particular
> text box was now not 'fitting' - the text boxes were asking for more
> space :-/  No big deal, since I had PDF-d the files and sent them to
> the printer already, but did anyone else notice this? Is it maybe some
> difference int he hyphenator(although even the headlines have this),
> or maybe just the text boxes want more'whitespace'?

Hi,

I had a real simple one page document that had 6 or 7 lines of very
large text.  Some of them were overlapping for a shadown effect.  In
1.1.5 a few of the boxes weren't big enough for the text any more.  I
found that they all had a blank line at the beginning.  Deleting the
line fixed the problem.  Unfortunately without thinking, I saved over
the original so I can't check whether the line was originally there but
with a smaller font or something.

Bob White

http://www.bob-white.com
N93BD - Rotary Powered BD-4