[Scribus] qt 3.3.0 and opengl support

Sebastian Röder seppelrockt
Tue Feb 17 14:44:39 CET 2004

Hello,

since I have used the new qt 3.3.0 that comes along with KDE 3.2, I have the
feeling that Scribus is running much slower. Maybe this is because of the
missing opengl support in the rpm packages of qt 3.3.0 provided by SuSE? Or
doesn`t this bring any changes to Scribus at all? Does Scribus use my NVidia
Graphic Card with the NVidia binary driver or not?
Maybe somebody can tell how (or where) I can get a qt 3.3.0 rpm for SuSE with
opengl support unabled (I need this to compile digikam plugins as well -
sorry for the OT ;-))

Thanks for this nice peace of work, called Scribus 1.2cvs.
Ah, one more question: Do you have a kind of "public" roadmap like the inscape
team - I`m am realy interessted in your plans for 1.2?

As a last point, I have two suggestions for the homepage:
1. Please make the "how to use Scribus CVS" instructions available in the CVS
download section (they are simply not to find, the menue structure seems to
me to be somewhat confusing).

2. Would be nice to have the date of the last change shown e.g. for the link
to scribus-xxx-changelog instead of the date of creation (would make sense,
thougt)

Regards,
Sebastian