[Scribus] Translation: Moving from PO to TS file

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Tue Feb 17 13:06:20 CET 2004

tir, 17 feb, 2004, 11:53:01 +0100, skrev Craig Bradney:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 10:18, Morten Langlo wrote:
> > man, 16 feb, 2004, 21:28:28 +0100, skrev Craig Bradney:
> >
> > [Cut]...
> >

> > I am converting from po to ts, and have done all theese things:
> >
> >    * qm2ts
> >    * qmake -project
> >    * edit the TRANSLATIONS section at the end
> >    * lupdate scribus.pro
> >    * used linguist to translate the new strings
> >    * and also tried to remove the "type=obsolete" things
> >      from the ts-file to see if that helped
> >    * lrelease
> >
> > So my ts-file and qm should be up to date and in place
> > - and the QFileDialog section contains theese translations
> > "<source>&amp;No</source>
> >  <translation>&amp;Nej</translation>", etc
> >
> > But I do _not_ se theese strings translated.
> > If I use the old almost up to date po-file, the translations
> > for these are OK.
>
> Followed your procedure... same result. No idea why. Have to see if
> Franz or anyone else has an idea.
>
> Craig

Hello again

Problem solved.

I had a few _not_ translated strings in the ts-file,
(marked with a ? in linguist) and after fixing those,
the ones mentioned above is now shown translated in scribus.

So it seems that some _not_ translated strings sometimes
can disturb some of those which are translated!!!

Thanks

Morten

--
Morten Langlo