[Scribus] Wish-list items for Story Editor and Insert Special

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Sat Dec 18 06:14:58 CET 2004

I have two wish-list items that accumlated while working on
my project last fall.

1. It would be nice to have an option in the Story Editor to
"update TextFrame but don't Exit." This would allow me to
see how my changes look in the middle of my editing. In
my specific case, I was trying to edit text into a fixed space.
I wanted to see how well I was doing without having to get
out of the Story Editor and getting back in.

2. With Insert Special, it would be nice to be able to insert
some characters, leave the Insert Special dialog up, then
move the cursor in the document to another spot and insert
some more special characters. As it seems to work now, you
have to close the Insert Special dialog before the special
characters get inserted in the document, then you have to
go to the next spot and open Insert Special again to insert
some more.

  If these features are of interest to others, I can add them as
feature request "bugs."

These are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Scribus
has come such a long way in such a short time. Thanks for
a great program.

Thanks,
Carol

--