[Scribus] Incorrect rendering of Devanagari text.

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Dec 16 10:01:05 CET 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 09:49, Subash Jeyan wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:17:14 +0100, Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au>
wrote:
> > I will discuss this further, as I planned, once I have spoken to the
> > person. Even then, I may not discuss this further on the mailing list.
> >
> > There is a lot of work required in Scribus to make the changes (remember
> > we are dealing with print work, not just GUI work).
>
> craig, i am sure these guys know what is involved. personally, i can't
> understand why an offer of help to extent scribus's capabilities is
> being 'stonewalled' (for want of a better word). i've always thought
> scribus is open. perhaps you know better. :)
>
> subash (down by the ganges (more or less) and awaiting breathlessly
> further sprouting of poetry...)

Scribus IS open, and these guys are able to help out, but if you were doing a
job, would you like to have someone else come in and do the job before you
got a chance to finish hacking out code having put in hundreds of hours of
work?

Put simply, as in my mail before, ONCE I have spoken to the person involved
then I can put people in touch.

Until then, I'm happy to discuss with these guys what their requirements are,
where Scribus fails, and where they see the need to make modifications. Given
the job at hand, which is LARGE, a few days makes no difference in the scheme
of things. Stop getting so uptight. The changes WILL NOT happen quickly and
WILL NOT happen in 1.2.x, believe me, I've discussed the issue for hours and
hours.

Craig