[Scribus] Adding fonts.

John Culleton john
Thu Dec 9 14:04:41 CET 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 07:24, Craig Bradney wrote:

> Scribus <=1.2.x does not support fontconfig. Font discovery is done through
> X alone, however Scribus supports adding fonts from anywhere in the
> filesystem. Start Scribus, Settings, Fonts, Additional Font Paths and add
> the directory in.
>
> Craig
Did that and Scribus crashed with a X11 signal. So I restarted Scribus. Now
the tab for Additional Font Paths is grayed out.

To recap, thus far I have added the /usr/share/fonts/ directory
to /etc/fonts/font.conf and run fc-cache. Rebooted but no effect.

Following another suggestion I added /usr/share/fonts/ to the list of font
locations in the xorg.conf file in /etc/X11. Rebooted but no effect.

Following your suggestion I tried a dynamic add via settings->fonts->
Additional font paths.  I didn't get the fonts but I did lose that tab.

Friends and neighbors, this isn't, or shouldn't be rocket science. Let me ask:
how do I successfully add type 1 fonts to Scribus, given a Slackware system
and Scribus 1.2 build date 28 Aug 2004?

 And BTW how and where do I fix the problem with the grayed  out tab? Should I
delete the .scribus directory in my home directory and allow Scribus to
reconfigure itself?  Do a full Scribus recompile and reinstall? Commit hari
kari?

--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: