[Scribus] Re: Compiling cvs on Mandrake 9.2

Owen rcook
Tue Dec 7 11:38:44 CET 2004

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 05:47:34 +0100
Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> OK, I surrender.
>
> Despite all hints and tips from Peter and Craig, ./configure still ends
> with the same error message.
>
> Maybe it's time to update my distro, but it certainly won't be Mandrake
> anymore (been Mandrake customer for 4 years), because these folks seem
> to 'forget' about their products once they're sold.
>
> However, many, many thanks to Craig and Peter for your patience!!!

I have just built qt-3.3.3 on Mdk 10, this should work for you

1. Download qt-x11-free-3.3.3.tar.bz2 from ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/

2. unarchive it and cd into the qt-x11-free-3.3.3 directory

3. we are now going to build it in /opt so change to su and execute

bash
export QTDIR=$PWD &&
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH &&
export PATH=$PWD/bin:$PATH &&
./configure -prefix /opt/qt-3.3.3 -qt-gif -system-libpng \
   -system-libmng -system-zlib -system-libjpeg -no-exceptions \
   -thread -plugin-imgfmt-png &&
make &&
make install &&
ln -sfn qt-3.3.3 /opt/qt &&
ln -s libqt-mt.so /opt/qt/lib/libqt.so &&
cp -r doc/man /opt/qt/doc &&
cp -r examples /opt/qt/doc
exit

(all that is from the BLFS book, but note you will need all those libraries in the configure line above)

Assuming all goes well you will end up with qt in /opt

4. Now try building scribusCVS with this

./configure --prefix=/install/directory/ --with-qt-dir=/opt/qt

That leaves your old QT intact for all the other programs that might use it. It doesn't stuff anything and lets you keep up with the latest CVS

All you have to lose is a lot of cpu time building qt

--

Owen