[Scribus] Re: Compiling cvs on Mandrake 9.2

Owen rcook
Mon Dec 6 11:13:13 CET 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:10:11 +0100
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> > > Not exactly the question I asked but I assume that means you still are on
> > > 3.1.3. The build system does a match of kde 3.x to qt 3.x, but there is
> > > no requirement for 3.3 (although it will be the minimum for 1.3cvs, by

> I'm quite impressed that you have stuck with Mdk 9.2 for so long. KDE 3.1.x is
> lightyears old. Then again, I'm a version junkie. Its worth noting that Mdk
> 10.1 is shipped with KDE 3.2.3, so dont bother with that for now at least.
>
> I'm still interested in knowing whats causing the build issue though. From my
> little understanding of the autotools build system, theres no check for <3.3
> in the new build system.
>
> Craig

configure in the one just released in the cvs snapshot by Peter has this line and it

if test -z ""; then
  # Current default Qt version: 3.3
  kde_qtver=3
  kde_qtsubver=3

and I got the same error as Christoph did earlier

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!

I changed that to   kde_qtsubver=1 (I have 3.2.3)

It built ok and I just started it without any problems, but will have to test it later

I feel a build of QT coming on!

--

Owen