[Scribus] Re: Compiling cvs on Mandrake 9.2

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Dec 6 10:10:11 CET 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 05:47, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> > Not exactly the question I asked but I assume that means you still are on
> > 3.1.3. The build system does a match of kde 3.x to qt 3.x, but there is
> > no requirement for 3.3 (although it will be the minimum for 1.3cvs, by
> > way of testing, perhaps not for functionality)
> >
> > Craig
>
> OK, I surrender.
>
> Despite all hints and tips from Peter and Craig, ./configure still ends
> with the same error message.
>
> Maybe it's time to update my distro, but it certainly won't be Mandrake
> anymore (been Mandrake customer for 4 years), because these folks seem
> to 'forget' about their products once they're sold.
>
> However, many, many thanks to Craig and Peter for your patience!!!

I'm quite impressed that you have stuck with Mdk 9.2 for so long. KDE 3.1.x is
lightyears old. Then again, I'm a version junkie. Its worth noting that Mdk
10.1 is shipped with KDE 3.2.3, so dont bother with that for now at least.

I'm still interested in knowing whats causing the build issue though. From my
little understanding of the autotools build system, theres no check for <3.3
in the new build system.

Craig