[Scribus] inkscape (O.T.) gtk 2.4

BandiPat magicpage91
Sun Dec 5 18:48:33 CET 2004

Plinnell wrote:
[...] >
> Hi,
>
> As an FYI, it is impossible to build inkscape 0.40 on Suse 9.x from source
> without adding some of the ulb gnome libraries or compiling several packages
> from source.
>
> Hence, I have not packaged a Suse 9.x rpm to be released with the rest of the
> Inkscpae distro packages  as I have done in the past. I recommend, upgrading
> gtk2 to 2.4.x and then using the static 0.40 rpms which I have tested and
> they work fine for me on Suse 9.1.
>
> The major missing dependency: gtkmm2 (Suse 9.x ships gtkmm2 2.2.x, Inkscape
> needs 2.4.x+). Also it is recommended to have the latest libsigc++2-2.0.6 or
> 2.0.3. Versions 2.0.4-2.0.5 had bugs which affected Inkscape.
>
> If Suse releases their own gtkmm2 2.4 packages, I will build rpms right away.
>
> I hope that helps. Inkscape 0.40 is a damn fine release ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

=================

Thanks Peter,
For running this down so quickly for us.  Seems it needs newer than
Gnome 2.6 which SuSE provides both from their mirrors and 9.2 install.
ULB of course, provides the 2.8 stuff, but he is not able to pay as much
attention to it as he did in the past and I've noted several problems on
the SuSE mail list.  Hopefully SuSE will get us up to date soon with
those too.

For the now though, we use the static rpms as you suggest.

thanks again,
Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.2 Pro---