[Scribus] inkscape (O.T.) gtk 2.4

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Sun Dec 5 22:35:18 CET 2004

BandiPat wrote:

> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/GNOME2
>

> Bart,
> Go to that location instead and get the official SuSE rpms.  Many
> people have been stung with the ULB files and I would recommend you
> staying away from them.  You can easily update your 9.1 Gnome with
> simply:
> rpm -Fhv *.rpm
>
> There is a Readme file there as well, please read that first.  These
> should provide you what you need to compile the new inkscape, although
> I haven't had any luck yet on my 9.2 setup.  Seems they have it
> looking for some files in odd places and it errors out right now.  I
> just haven't put anymore time into it yet to lead it to all of them.
> I suspect you will have to do the same.

I performed this upgrade immediately after I saw the Inkscape 0.40
announcement and it hosed every single one of my GTK apps (of particular
note: FireFox, FireBird, Nvu, GNUCash, Pan and GIMP). A roll-back of GTK
solved the problem, but Inkscape still won't work.

As a side note: I have yet to get a functional Inkscape install (any
version) on my SuSE 9.1 system. I'm waiting for Gentoo 2005.0 to be
released and I'll switch to that. Portage has been very good to me on
the business machine.

--
__
Faster than a speeding slug!