[Scribus] inkscape (O.T.) gtk 2.4

Owen rcook
Sun Dec 5 18:10:58 CET 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:21:20 -0800
<bart at solozone.com> wrote:

> I see inkscape 0.40-1 wants gtk2-2.4 but my SuSE 9.1 has only 2.2 and the static binary rpm reports ''failed dependency'' Ok I can get gtk 2.4 from ''ULB'' (''user local binary'') on line but should I install with rpm -Uvh or delete all of gtk and start all over. The ULB is set up it seems for SuSE and gnome specially made which is fine but it is not exactly an distro upgrade. Advice?

Other than the latest GTK (also latest GLib,Pango and ATK) which is needed for the Gimp, I found I needed these other depedancies

libsigc++-2.0.6
gc6.3
glibmm-2.4.5
gtkmm-2.4.8

Configure tells you what you need

I built them all from source with --prefix=/usr on a Mandrake10 base

With a 2.6ghz cpu, the whole process including inkscape took a few hours

You might want to look at the inkscape package, see  http://www.inkscape.org/download.php

I had built an earlier version of inkscape using this system, but trying to build a pre release, the process went on and on and on, so I kiled it. Now I realize it was getting and building all the dependancies. So if you go that route, set it going before you go to bed and hope it has finished by the morning.

--

Owen