[Scribus] Re: Fonts look bad at first with PDF plugin in browser

Alexander Skwar listen
Wed Dec 1 16:53:30 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 15:40, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> Craig Bradney wrote:

>> > Err, no, I never saw the issue on Acroreader 6.0.
>>
>> Yes, you did :)
>
> I consider a .5s time to load the fonts perfectly reasonable though.

I don't - especially since other PDF forms don't show this behaviour.

>> > That would
>> > be very strange if the PDF size and location of fonts within it were the
>> > issue. You should see a speedup if its smaller, only logical.
>>
>> That's what I supposed as well.
>
> Tried the vector version?

Hm? You mean, when I select "yes" in Settings -> Fonts?

Ugly and slow as hell:

http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Scribus/Account_Request_v2.1_-_Vectorized.pdf
Also pdfopt doesn't make that much better:
http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Scribus/Account_Request_v2.1_-_Vectorized_-_pdfopt_optimized.pdf

Alexander Skwar
--
The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably
not true.  It is the chief occupation of mankind.