[Scribus] Re: Fonts look bad at first with PDF plugin in browser

fredd effediwhy
Wed Dec 1 17:06:44 CET 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:53:30 +0100, Alexander Skwar
<listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:

> Craig Bradney wrote:

> >> Yes, you did :)
> >
> > I consider a .5s time to load the fonts perfectly reasonable though.
>
> I don't - especially since other PDF forms don't show this behaviour.

> >> That's what I supposed as well.
> >
> > Tried the vector version?
>
> Hm? You mean, when I select "yes" in Settings -> Fonts?
>
> Ugly and slow as hell:
>
> http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Scribus/Account_Request_v2.1_-_Vectorized.pdf
> Also pdfopt doesn't make that much better:
> http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Scribus/Account_Request_v2.1_-_Vectorized_-_pdfopt_optimized.pdf

I have no problems with these 2 documents here. Fonts look fine both
with acroread plugin and standalone (Acroread 5.09 Linux). And
documents both load very fast (text drawn first, then table borders).

Fred