[Scribus] Re: Re: Fonts look bad at first with PDF plugin in browser

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Dec 1 10:40:30 CET 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 10:18, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:

> >> Well, yes, but why does it *only* happen with this Scribus PDF form? I
> >> have *never* seen this behaviour before.
> >>
> >> Hm, did you open the PDF with Acrobat 5.0 or 6.0? The behaviour
> >> is present in 6.0 as well, but not as visible. In 5.0, it is very much
> >> visible. And not only on my machine :)
> >
> > Acro 5 on Linux loading in Konqueror.
>
> Okay. Please use Acrobat 5.0 on Windows. And don't load it in the
> Acrobat Reader program but only in the plugin.

Ok, tried it with Acroreader 6.0 within Firefox 1.0. My wife's PC doesnt have
Acro 5.0 and I wasnt going to screw with Windows, knowing its reliability :).
The PC had never seen the PDF before, doesnt have the fonts, and it showed
the ugliness for maybe half a second before looking 100% correct and it was

Craig