[Scribus] Cannot find freetype2

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Aug 22 17:41:10 CEST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:
[]
> freetype-config. Configure still insisted on using the copy of freetype
> in /usr .

Different architecture, similar situation:
On MacOSX/Fink, the standard freetype-config would be in /usr/X11R6/bin,
but with Apple's X11 this is too old for scribus to work:
% freetype-config --version
9.0.3

We have a slightly more recent one in /sw/lib/freetype2:
% /sw/lib/freetype2/bin/freetype-config --version
9.2.3

With this one, scribus works, but in order to have configure see and use
it, I have to jump through some hoops:

I have to  export PATH=/sw/lib/freetype2/bin:$PATH
before running configure (this seems normal),
but then I have to patch configure so that instead of
FREETYPE_CONFIG="" it has
FREETYPE_CONFIG="/sw/lib/freetype2/bin/freetype-config"
and instead of
LIBS="-lfreetype it has
LIBS="$LIBFREETYPE_LIBS

Without this help, configure never finds the right freetype2.

--
Martin