[Scribus] Cannot find freetype2

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Aug 22 13:22:18 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 19:10, Craig Ringer wrote:

> My updated freetype was installed in ${HOME}/libs/freetype-2.1/ and was
> built from latest freetype sources. config.log gave no indication of why
> freetype was being used from /usr instead.

Sorry, I should also note that this is on the RH8 server @work. I have
no trouble at home (but then I haven't tried updating freetype at home
either).

Important versions:

[craig at bucket craig]$ /lib/libc-2.3.2.so | head -1
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.2, by Roland McGrath et al.

[craig at bucket craig]$ autoconf -V | head -1
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59

(NOTE: autoconf is an upgraded version installed in
${HOME}/apps/autotools)

KDE 3.3 is also installed, including qt 3.3.2.

The distro-shipped freetype is:

[craig at bucket craig]$ /usr/bin/freetype-config --version
9.1.3

and I'm using:

[craig at bucket craig]$ freetype-config --version
9.7.3

Fontconfig is still at the distro default:

[craig at bucket craig]$ fontconfig-config --version
1.0.1

Due to how badly butchered this RH8 install is these days (especially my
login environment), I'm not too fussed about any build issues.
Nonetheless, I though it interesting that someone else is seeing what
sounds like the same behaviour.

--
Craig Ringer